More Student Films from Israel
TITLE: More Student Films from Israel, 2000
LANGUAGE: Hebrew w/ English ST
FROM THE TEL AVIV UNIVERSITY FILM AND TELEVISION SCHOOL IN TEL AVIV:
(1) TOOTHACHE. (Alon Zingman, 20 minutes). An ex-convict tries to rehabilitate himself in a hot, humid Mediterranean neighborhood, but encounters with his neighbor's daughter, a teenager, threatens to undermine the order he is striving for in his life.
(2) PATERNITY TEST - Yeled o'Adon). (Efrat Goren, 80 minutes) When Yossi faces the pregnancy test of his girlfriend, he decides to take a test, too.
(3) GERSHON. (Shunit Aharoni and Oren Yaniv). Gershon's dog is a world champion. The girl he loves is the perfestion of beauty. Yet he is just a sad little man made of plastic (stop motion photography)
(4) RUSSIAN DANCE. (Boris Levinzonh, 40 minutes). Shai, a new immigrant from Leningrad, has seemingly integrated well into Israeli society - he served in an elite combat unit, has an isralei girlfriend, and many Israeli Sabra friends. When his parents decide to return to Russia, he must reexamine everything around him, including his conflicting identities.
THE SAM SPEIGEL FILM AND TELEVISION SCHOOL IN JERUSALEM
4 Yad Harutzim St. P.O.B. 10836 Jerusalem, 91103 ISRAEL
Tel: 972-2-6731-950 Fax: 972-2-6731-949 http://www.jsfs.co.il/
(1) COCKFIGHT (Sigalit Lipshitz, 14 minutes) Marciano, an Israeli chicken breeder and his guest worker are driving their chickens to market. They read a Palestinian Authority checkpoint just as it closes. Marciano demands to be let through, and discovers that the officer in charge is also a former employee of his. You can get COCKFIGHT at www.JewishVideos.com
(2) OPERATION YY (Odded Lotan 18 minutes) At 22, Ron still ives with his parents. He sleeps all day and spends his nights editing wedding video, chatting on the Internet and fantasizing. One night, all 3 passions converge. Will he be able to deal with real human interaction?
(3) 8 BALL (Avner Matsliah 18 minutes) Most of Yoel's friends play billiards. He constantly tries to impress them, but he is a loser. The gang doesn't accept him. When a childhood friend returns to the neighborhood, Yoel is reminded of the true meaning of friendship and of his place in society
(2) BULB TO GO. (Eyal Sella 17 minutes) Meir is desperate to bring a little light back into his life. He embarks on an exhausting search for a lightbulb for a female neighbor he admires. She is a now forgotten circus star. As his search ends, Meir discovers what love is really about.
CAMERA OBSCURA SCHOOL OF ART IN TEL AVIV
(1) BICYCLE (Ronen Menachem, 23 minutes). Tom wants a new bike. His father cannot afford one and finds a cheaper alternative. A child's joy turns to disappointment and shame when he discovers the source of his shiny new bike.
(2) FUNERAL AT PARK DE FRANCE (Oren Stern, 25 minutes) The day before the crucial Soccer match between Israel and France, Eli passes away. He funeral time conflicts with that of the match. Baruch, Eli's son-in-law, and ardent soccer fan, tries to persuade the family to postpone the funeral. His wife becomes is enraged with anger.
(3) WHO THE HELL IS ELVIS (Eddied Newman and Nir Maz'aki) A DOCUMENTARY PORTRAIT of AVI VANUNU's attempt to achieve fame by putting on a one man show that brings the story an songs of Elvis, the King, to life.
From the MA'ALE SCHOOL OF Film and Television
20 Shivtei Israel St. Jerusalem, 95105 ISRAEL
Tel: 972-2-627-7366 Fax: 972-2-627-7331 firstname.lastname@example.org
1. DODA DIYA (aunt Diya) (Moshe Huri 25 minutes). Doda Diya is a widow with a simple life. For 40 years she has hoped to return to the Isle of Djerba in Tunisia, to celebrate a memorial event for a righteous woman, together with other Jews. This film follows her.
2. COHEN'S WIFE (Nava Hifetz, 24 minutes) Rivka Cohen is a young ultra Orthodox woman. There is a knock at the door. It is a stranger collecting tzedakah (charity). She is raped. Now she awaits the decision from a rabbinical court on whether or not her husband must now divorce her.
3. THE DIARY. (Tami Rozenzweig, 13 minutes). Bezi is a 13 year old boy who has to read portions of his deceased brother's diary at the memorial service. Unfortunately he loses the diary on the day of the service and he must.....
4. A PURE PRAYER (Sara Dor Beck, 26 minutes). As Yom Kippur approaches, the synagogue is still short a tenth man for the communal prayer. Schwartzman doesn't know what to do. His wife suggests taking their 30 year old son, but he has never been to a synagogue before. (sounds like the start of a Hassidic tale, no?)
Disclaimer: We provide this data as a service to readers. We are non-commercial. We are not responsible for the results of the use or misuse of the data and/or opinions provided.